Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sunday Journal

I am sitting here in front of a blank screen and now realize that the idea of setting myself up to post a chapter a week and a journal entry a week is just setting myself up for failure.

I have been writing the rest of Bruce's story in my head and I now know where it is going and how it is ending, but when I sit down to type it the words just aren't coming.  I am sure the book will be completed by the end of the year and I will post as it is being written.

My journal was a place for me to explain - for later reading - what I am doing, feeling, etc....but it turns out that I am not so willing to share that with whomever decides to open this blog.

I am seriously thinking about just creating a journal blog that is locked from outsiders.  That way I know my word will be kept safe.


6 comments:

  1. I understand both of those completely. Writing can't really be forced, so it will happen when it does and we'll be eager to read it. I'm happy to hear you have it mapped out in your head. As for journaling, at one point in my life I shared everything on my blog, as did several of my fellow bloggers at the time, it was a close-knit community of support and encouragement. It isn't so much like that anymore and I am also reluctant to share everything publicly, when we have no control over who reads it and what their intentions are. I have one self-admitted "watcher" on my blog, and that makes me a little uncomfortable. So, like most, I share some but not all of what my life is about. A personal blog is not a bad idea, it does serve as a record of life to look back on or pass on to your kids, though it doesn't allow for any feedback. I am thinking it would be nice to have a private blog with access by permission only for just such writing. I had one like that for awhile when I was having problems with family in the past, and it was nice to be able to share everything with a few people I cared about. The only downfall was that it was my only blog so no one new ever came around to say hi. If you ever decide to go the private route, I'd love to be able to share with you there. I think we see life very similarly and share a reasonable degree of trust. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I do that a very select few people will be invited
      off the top of my head I can only think of three!

      Delete
    2. That's about the number mine would be. I am suprised when I look back a few years and see how much I shared! Older and wiser for sure.

      Delete
  2. I still absolutely write in an actual journal, and a lot of that never is shared on my blog. Or maybe it comes out in a different way than I originally wrote; but for the most part - I still have writing that is just for me. It's my way of working through things in my own way, my own time. And then I can look back for reflection. I think it's healthy to NOT share everything on the internet anyway.
    We'll just be here, waiting (sorta) patiently for the rest of the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol.... it will keep you on the edge of your chair --- I promise!

      Delete
  3. Hello, hello... is anybody home here? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know you were here