Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sunday Journal July 17

I am trying to figure out how to put into words the week I had.

I always enter my work week with an air of positivity for a good week. That was shattered within the first two hours of my day. I was asked to go into my bosses office where he then spent 45 minutes telling me that I was aggressive, liked to be the center of attention, was feared by my teammates and they all were happy to see me leave at the end of the day. Even writing this now is giving me that far away feeling. Was he describing me?  I think not!  ANYONE that knows me knows I would rather blend into the wall than be noticed. I run from a fight...... Then he proceeded to tell me that it was because all Jews are raised from a very young age to be competetive.  EXCUSE me, when did it become alright to bring up religion in a work conversation? And who told you I was raised as a Jew?

The week then went into auto-pilot - I didn't voice an opinion about anything, but that didn't stop him from finding fault with me on Friday morning as well.

I would love to go to HR, but he and the HR manager are buddies and it would turn into a he said/she said. SO I no longer have any stress about work - I really don't care.  I will appear everyday, do my job and tolerate this bully.

I hope your week was better :)


2 comments:

  1. OMG! I wish you would have emailed me! I have been in zombie mode here as well, for very much the same situation. I have just one more week after today to endure it without killing someone or myself. I am praying mightily that you can find a way out on your own (the office closing method isn't recommended because it adds even more stress). No one should have to put up with that kind of s*** and I'm sure, like me, you wonder how people can be so terribly wrong about you. I was dumbfounded by the litany of crap hurled at me on Monday by a coworker. Where did all that anger come from? I think we should live at the beach and sell slushies and frozen pet treats! BIG HUGS XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know you were here