Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Go To Confidence Builder


So - I know it has been a VERY LONG time since I participated with my sister across the lines - but I am going to discuss Coffee --- or rather chat about coffee (that is what the meme is called after all)

Actually I'm not going to talk about coffee at all!  I am going to join Les at Ink Interrupted where she hosts Coffee Chat
Today's Topic - What is your favorite confidence builder.

Now - I have to say that I normally shy away from topics I have no clue what the answers are - but I am trying to challenge myself these days.

Confidence - that is tough subject. When you are a person who listens to what other people think it is a shatterable film. As I age I care less and less what people think of me and try very hard to think in the positive and move one foot in front of the other. I have never really thought of myself as a beautiful person, therefore confidence for me does not come from the way I look or dress. This might sound rather strange but when I set out to do a task - even clean the house - and I complete it - that gives me confidence.

I have a history of 'giving up' on things - or rather I believe I have given up on things - So that now I think when I actually finish something it builds up more confidence.

The actual definition of confidence is: belief in oneself and one's powers or abilities


I don't believe that I don't believe in myself - but there are times when that belief is in doubt!

Now it is time to go get that cup of coffee.... all this brain wracking has made me thirsty!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you at Coffee Chat, this was great! I'll be joining in today too. I know exactly what you mean here, when we overcome internal messages we feel better and more confident in ourselves. We are living long enough to prove that we are capable and resilient, and even good, and no one else's opinion really matters much. But I'm going to give you mine anyway... I think you are AWESOME! :-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and yes I am giving you a HUGE HUG across the internet lines!! So happy to have you here. And you so delivered too - because I think it's absolutely truth: set the task and do it. There's such a sense of accomplishment that follows and of course that is an incredible self esteem booster. See, you have to join us more after so we can benefit from your wisdom! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know you were here