Thursday, February 26, 2015

Lay the brick

 photo image13_zps64a48e1e.png


Time to Ponder yet again.  You know the drill... I post a prompt that has multiple meanings and we get see what you write! Add you post to the linky and wait for the magic!!


(If you want to send me words that you would like us all to ponder - please feel free to do so!)

Today's word is Brick (you can always grab the prompt early by visiting the Pondering Page


I have been paying much more attention to yards as I will have to create a brand new at my new home. I will have approximately 12' x 60' worth of area and am determining what I want to do with it.

When I had this opportunity before I built brick planters - old fashioned style with the red bricks layered 3 high. But this time I have been looking at other types of bricks

I really like these: Image result for landscape bricks  I actually always have. With the rounded edges a straight line is not imperative

Then there are these: Image result for landscape bricks  I'm not sure that these are really considered bricks, much more like sculpted rocks.

Now there are other uses of this word, but I really believe that the term brick might just mean something that is shaped - well like a brick!

How about you? Any thoughts today?

Happy Pondering


7 comments:

  1. Creating a new yard must be exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about rocks in a yard that are very appealing, Brenda. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to start with a blank space and turn it into a beautifully landscaped yard! I hope you'll share pictures with us as this project unfolds and your new house becomes a home! I loved the rounded bricks, curves always flow so much softer than square corners!

    My post is about a gold brick - but not the kind we all wish we had in our safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the second option!! That's exactly how I would do my garden if I could.
    I think back to the days that were made with mud and straw!! imagine that in your garden. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no thanks .... then I would have mud and straw dragged through the house on the paws and nose of a very curious beagle!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know you were here