Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Yesterday is but a memory



Those who don't remember yesterday are deemed to repeat it.

There are so many cool sayings about yesterday, but the truth is that yesterday is what makes us who we are today. I would love to think that at the ripe old age of 54 all my bad yesterdays are behind me, but history has taught me that just when you think things are going great someone drops a lemon on your head. You can either be sour about it or turn it into lemonade.

When I was but a child - I was not happy
When I was in my teens - I was not happy
When I was in my twenties - I was living for someone else's dreams
When I was in my thirties - I discovered hell
When I was in my fourties - I spent more time on others than on myself.
Now that I'm in my fifties - I am doing what I think is right - the hell with what anyone else thinks! and you know what? I'm happy!


Joining Josie2Shoes for Two shoes Tuesday
Two Shoes Tuesdsay
Today’s prompt is Yesterday or Young


10 comments:

  1. Yeah for you!! You go get 'em! :)
    I think it's so true though -- when we live for other people, we tend to lose ourselves. To give love, you gotta love yourself first. This is your life afterall -- at the end of the day, no matter what anyone else says, does, thinks: you gotta be okay with You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true...but when you are trying so hard just to stay afloat it is difficult to remember that!

      Delete
  2. What a succinct summary of your history!

    ,,, Now that I am in my forties, I have learned to live for today. :-)

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am in my sixties and laugh at those younger than me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a wonderful and well-stated post about the stages of our lives. Mine aren't all that different from yours, maybe just a few more chapters in the book, most of them I wouldn't care to repeat! I second your final line for 50 with a loud AMEN! We can do and give for others, and we should, be we also need to do for ourselves... what we enjoy, what makes us feel happy and fulfilled! That's when we are at our very best! I also second what Judy said up there, with a slight variation... now at 60 I look back at myself and laugh! Such choices, what was I thinking? I plead temporary insanity across the board, it's the only plausible excuse! :-)

    Thank you for an awesome and inspiring Two Shoes Tuesday post, what I like best is that with all you've gone through, you've arrived at a place of your own choosing and I can feel the happiness flowing these days! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie... I guess to get there I had to spend the time doing the crap work!

      Delete
  5. Hang on to that happiness as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know you were here