Thursday, July 10, 2014

Don't leave me!

 photo image13_zps64a48e1e.png

Time to Ponder yet again.  You know the drill... I post a prompt that has multiple meanings and we get see what you write! Add you post to the linky and wait for the magic!!

(If you want to send me words that you would like us all to ponder - please feel free to do so!)

Today's word is LEAVE  (you can always grab the prompt early by visiting the Pondering Page


"Leave me alone!" How many times have you heard an unruly teenager say that?  

My favorite time is when my son-in-law get leave and I get to see my daughter!

I leave for work every morning

I do not leave dishes in the sink - it drives me crazy!

Of course there are all sorts of different leaves on plants and bushes - but we never use that word for them as a singular (wonder why?)  OH I know.... it is a leaf!!!


I can't stand it when I have to leave a good book right in the middle of a really good part!

How about you? What do you think of with the word leave?




12 comments:

  1. Leave right now means a sad heart because I had to leave my husband over the weekend as he starts his new job in Texas and I had to come back to Iowa. But….it is a good thing. Work is a very good thing! Great ponderings, Brenda!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Beth Ann, I am so sorry...but you two manage to do long distance rather well. Now I see many trips to Texas in your future!

      Delete
  2. It is interesting that you also mentioned the plural of leaf in your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romi, as we explore these words we are all made to think. It is odd how one word has so many meanings!

      Delete
  3. Love the first one - I have heard that one especially when it comes to grades!! And the book - totally me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All kinds of great leaves going on here! My mother was insistent that not a single spoon or cup be left in or near the kitchen sink. I wish I would have inherited more of her tidiness! :-) I'll be adding my ponder this evening, time got away from me last night, I had to pay bills and leave the fun stuff undone. SIGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my mom was a clutterer - maybe that is why I am not!

      Delete
    2. That might be true, Brenda. It seems that girls often go in opposite directions from their mothers, though I suspect I was, and still am just a bit lazy. I would much rather sit and read or write!

      Finally my story is ready and linked up. It was a hard one to write, and I hope I did it justice.

      Delete
  5. My favorite time of the year is the Spring, when the trees begin to leave out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know you were here